These promotions involve individual text message-based sweepstakes to be conducted by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. to provide prize packages, each consisting of a catered party for 40 people. One sweepstakes will be conducted on each campus selected by Chipotle based on proximity to a Chipotle restaurant. The promotions are each subject to the following official rules:
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
- Promotion period runs from 12:01am CDT on September 16th, 2013 through 11:59pm CDT on September 30th, 2013. Each eligible entrant will be permitted to enter by sending the text message “DORM” or other message specified in the entry information, to a specified number during the promotion period, following the link to a mobile landing page sent in response to such text message by Chipotle or its promotional agent, Hipcricket, Inc. (“Hipcricket”), and completing all steps and providing all data required in connection with such mobile landing page. Entry information will be posted to Chipotle’s local Facebook page, Chipotle national email distribution list as well as in participating US Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants. Hipcricket will track entries and only one entry will be allowed per unique device. In case of dispute as to the identity of a text message entrant, entry will deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a mobile telephone number by a wireless carrier or as shown on the carrier’s records. Message and data rates apply for entries by text message, in accordance with the terms of entrant’s mobile service agreement.
- Eligible entrants may also enter by completing the registration form available at http://dormroom.g.aug.me. Only one entry will be allowed per person.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries by Hipcricket on or about October 15h, 2013. Winner will be notified by text message or telephone within 24 hours of the drawing. In the event winner does not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification of their status as prize winner, Chipotle may in its sole discretion direct Hipcricket to select a substitute winner, in which case such originally-notified winner will be disqualified and all rights and privileges of such originally-notified winner as a prize winner in the sweepstakes will be immediately waived. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
- Entrants must be a resident of the United States, 18 years or older and currently enrolled in an eligible (as determined by Chipotle) college or university within 5 miles of a Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurant. Employees of Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., Hipcricket, Inc., any Chipotle Student Brand Manager, and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible entrants.
- Prize will consist of a Free Catering for 40 package from Chipotle, including the three meat spread catering option or equivalent Burritos by the Box order. No substitution for or transfer of prizes permitted. Date of redemption of the prize is subject to advance reservation and availability.
- Retail value of the prize package is approximately $580. Prize may not be redeemed for cash. Chipotle reserves the right to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value as determined by Chipotle in its sole discretion, if any the prize (or portion thereof) cannot be awarded as described. Prize may not be assigned, transferred, or changed except at the sole discretion of Chipotle. PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE.
- All Federal, State, provincial, local and other applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- Chipotle reserves the right to implement policies and procedures as may be necessary to enforce compliance with any element of these official rules. Winner (or winner’s parent or qualified legal guardian if winner is under the applicable age of majority) and their guests may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, or other documentation required by Chipotle. Winner's first initial, last name, hometown and state will be disclosed on a Winner’s List which will be distributed upon request and as required by law. For the first initial, last name, hometown and state of the winner, mail a first class-stamped envelope to: Chipotle Dorm Party Sweepstakes [Name of Campus] c/o Chipotle Marketing, 1401 Wynkoop St., Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202 or send a text-in message with keyword “DORM WINNER [Campus]” to 888222 by April 15, 2014.
- By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and any other rules and regulations adopted by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. This promotion shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of Colorado, USA, and the federal laws of the United States of America, without regard to the provisions of conflicts of laws thereof. Entrants further each hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the State of Colorado in connection with any legal proceeding relating to this promotion or brought to enforce or interpret these Official Rules, and further agree that such federal and state courts located in the State of Colorado will be the sole and exclusive venue for any such proceedings, and hereby waive any objection based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, inconvenient forum or similar grounds in any such proceeding. Entrants further each hereby irrevocably waive any right to bring or join in any class action relating to this promotion, and agree that any legal proceedings relating to this promotion will be brought and litigated only on an individual and not a class basis.
- Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of the prize. By accepting the prize, recipient agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., Hipcricket, Inc., any Chipotle Student Brand Manager for the campus with respect to which the promotion is conducted and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of: (i) winner's participation in the promotion (including with respect to text message charges for all attempted entries, whether or not made in error or accepted in the promotion); or (ii) the receipt or redemption of the prize.
- ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY PRIZE WINNER THAT CHIPOTLE DETERMINES MAY PLACE CHIPOTLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES IN DANGER OF VIOLATING ANY PROVISION OF APPLICABLE LAW, OR IN DANGER OF BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR THAT REFLECTS ADVERSELY ON CHIPOTLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, MAY IN CHIPOTLE’S SOLE DISCRETION BE DISQUALIFIED AS A WINNER AND ALL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Neither Chipotle nor Hipcricket assumes any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion. Neither Chipotle nor Hipcricket is responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players as a result of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
- If, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Chipotle which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, Chipotle reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. In the event the promotion is terminated prior to the stated expiration date, all or a portion of the prize may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all eligible entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Chipotle. Chipotle reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds (a) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this promotion, (b) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (c) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (d) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the promotion.
- All determinations by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. and Hipcricket are final.
- The promotion is sponsored by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., 1401 Wynkoop Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202.