At Chipotle, we’re passionate about more than perfectly rolled burritos. We’re also committed to cultivating nourished minds and communities — and one of our favorite ways to do that is by helping young readers develop their love of reading. Every year, we donate Chipotle Reading Rewards to schools and libraries, rewarding book smarts with delicious food crafted from real, whole ingredients.
What are Chipotle Reading Rewards?
Chipotle Reading Rewards are special bookmarks that include FREE Kid’s Meal cards (for grades K-5) or Buy-One/Get-One FREE entrée cards (for grades 6+). Here’s how it works:
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
Apply for Chipotle Reading Rewards
Kick off your reading program
Reward your readers with FREE Chipotle
Don’t have a reading program?
You can download this fun reading log calendar as an easy way to start a reading program at your school or library. Then, just ask your young readers to hit the books for 10 – 20 minutes per day during the month of your choice. If your application is approved, we’ll send along a stash of Chipotle Reading Rewards to celebrate with once they reach their goals.
Need a reading program for your teen readers? Download our classroom tracker and use it to support your current reading goals.
QUICK FACTS FOR APPLICANTS
- The application window for Reading Rewards is January 3rd-February 28th.
- You will know if your application was approved by March 15th.
- Approved applicants will receive their Reading Rewards at the beginning of April.
- Reading Rewards should be awarded to readers no later than September 1st, as they expire on September 30th.
SCHOOL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Your application must be submitted on behalf of the entire school, and must be completed by the principal, assistant principal, librarian/media specialist, teacher, secretary or PTO/PTA president.
- To make sure your application represents everyone at your school, please work together. Find out how many grades, classrooms and students would like to participate before you submit your application — we can only accept one application per school, and preference will be given to schools who demonstrate widespread interest. Need help getting started? Try this email template.
- Your designated shipping address must be a valid school or school district address. Applications that use residential addresses or PO boxes will not be accepted.
- Please include your principal’s name and email address on your application. Applications without valid principal information will not be accepted.
FUN FACTS ABOUT READING REWARDS
- Chipotle has been donating Reading Rewards to summer and winter reading programs at schools and public libraries for over 15 years.
- In 2017, we took to the internet, putting the Reading Rewards application on our website.
- In our first year, we gave out over 2.2 million Reading Rewards to bookish burrito fans and partnered with more than 6,000 schools and libraries.
- New this year, we’ll also be supporting teen and adult reading programs. Because we <3 lifelong learners.
- Reading Rewards isn’t the only way we support local schools and organizations. We also host more than 55,000 fundraiser events per year — and each time, our organization partners get to keep 33% of the event proceeds. Want to get involved? Check out our fundraiser page here.