CHIPOTLE TASTE TEST CONTEST
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. DESCRIPTION. The “Chipotle Taste Test” contest (the “Contest”) begins at approximately 12:01 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 16, 2023 and ends at approximately 11:59 PT on March 22, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, eligible entrants must: post an original TikTok video that complies with the “Submission Guidelines” (defined below) to their TikTok account. Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of CMG Strategy Co., LLC, 610 Newport Center Drive, Suite 1400, Newport Beach, California, 92660 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years of age at the time of entry are eligible to enter. Minors must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian to enter the Contest, and if a minor wins, their parent or legal guardian will need to co-sign the “Prize Claim Documents” (defined below). Officers, directors and employees of Sponsor and each of Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies involved in the Contest (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Contest Entities”), and the immediate family members and/or those residing in the same household of each are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. This Contest is void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, eligible entrants must: (i) create an original TikTok video that describes the entrant’s ideal Chipotle Chicken al Pastor entrée order combination and otherwise complies with the “Submission Guidelines” below; and (ii) post the video on the entrant’s TikTok account using the hashtags #ChipotleTasteTest and #Contest (each, a “Submission”). The Submission must meet the following “Submission Requirements”: (i) the Chipotle Chicken Al Pastor entrée order combination must be capable of being created using Chipotle’s digital ordering platforms; (ii) other than music obtained through the TikTok service, the Submission must be the submitting entrant’s original, previously unpublished work and not feature or focus on any copyrighted material, logos or trademarks that are owned by third parties; (iii) the entrant should either be the only person who appears in the video or, if anyone else appears in the video, the entrant must obtain written permission from that person or those people to include them in the video, and if Sponsor asks to see the written permissions, the entrant must provide them upon request (in the event an entrant cannot provide permissions that are satisfactory to Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the applicable Submission, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor’s own benefit, or otherwise allow the applicable Submission to remain in Contest); (iv) the Submission must not include images that are deemed by the Sponsor to be obscene, pornographic, libelous or otherwise objectionable. Social media posts must be public to enter the Contest; and (v) the Submission must have the TikTok setting that allows other users to stitch it with other videos enabled. Chipotle reserves the right to disqualify Submissions if Chipotle determines that any Chipotle entrée combination would be create operational difficulties or create a supply chain issue. Submissions must be published as “public posts” to be eligible to enter.
Submissions must be received by the end of the Submission Period. No substitutions or new versions of Submissions will be accepted once the original Submission is submitted for consideration. Any Submission that is considered by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion to violate the Submission Requirements, in whole or in part, may be disqualified and will not be eligible for entry.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At the end of the Contest Period, a judge or group of judges selected by the Sponsor (in either case, the “Judging Panel”) will review the Submissions that have been received and select potential Finalists based on the following criteria: (i) creativity of the video and the Chipotle entrée combination (50%); (ii) taste of the Chipotle entrée combination (30%); (iii) public appeal of the Chipotle entrée combination (10%); and (iii) appropriateness to the public image of the Contest Entities (10%) (the “Judging Criteria”). In the event of a tie, the potential Finalist with the highest score in the “public appeal” category will be declared the potential winner.
Each Finalist’s Submission will be reviewed by the Judging Panel and Talent (the “Finalist Judging Panel”) to select up to three (3) potential winners based on the following criteria: (i) creativity of the video and the Chipotle entrée combination (20%); (ii) taste of the Chipotle entrée combination (60%); (iii) public appeal of the Chipotle entrée combination (20%) (the “Finalist Judging Category”). In the event of a tie, the potential winner with the highest score in the “taste of the Chipotle entrée combination” category will be declared the potential winner.
Multiple entrants may submit Chipotle entrée order combinations that are similar in composition to the Chipotle entrée order combinations submitted by other entrants. The Judging Panel’s selection of Chipotle entrée order combinations that are similar to Chipotle entrée order combinations submitted by other entrants will not obligate Sponsor or the Judging Panel to declare such similar order combinations as winners and will not entitle the entrants that submitted similar order combinations to any prize or other compensation. The Judging Panel’s decisions and selection of winners are final and binding on all entrants. Decisions by the Judging Panel are not subject to challenge or appeal and only the entrants selected by the Judging Panel that are credited with the winning Submission that are verified as winners in accordance with these Official Rules shall be entitled to receive a prize.
The potential winners will be subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winners will be notified if their Submission is stitched by Talent on Chipotle’s TikTok channel and will be sent a direct message to the social media account information used by the entrant to enter the Contest. The Contest Entities shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. If any potential winner does not respond within the time required by Sponsor, or if the winner notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason, such potential winner will be disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor may successively attempt to contact up to two (2) potential winner(s) of an applicable prize in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner(s) of such applicable prize after such attempts have been made, if any, such prize may go unawarded.
5. PRIZES. Three (3) prizes are available. Each prize consists of (i) one (1) “Chipotle for a Year Prize” as defined below; and (ii) the winner’s Chipotle Chicken al Pastor entrée order will be available as a limited time menu item on Chipotle.com and in the Chipotle mobile app in the United States. Chipotle reserves the right to modify any winner’s entrée order if Chipotle determines, in its sole discretion, that implementing the entrée order could create operational difficulties, result in supply chain issues, or otherwise adversely impact the consumer experience in any way. All of the promotion of the winning entrants’ Chipotle Chicken al Pastor entrée order combinations shall be at Chipotle’s sole discretion. Each “Chipotle for A Year Prize” consists of Chipotle Rewards credits good for fifty-two (52) regular entrée items (the “Chipotle for a Year Prize”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is Five Hundred and Seventeen Dollars and Forty Cents ($517.40). The total ARV of all prizes awarded in this Contest is $1,552.20.
For clarity purposes, “regular entrée item” means a burrito, burrito bowl, quesadilla (only available through digital orders), single order of tacos, or salad, subject to availability. Does not include kids’ meals or three pointers. The Chipotle Rewards credits will expire one (1) year from the date that the Chipotle Rewards credits are delivered to a Chipotle Rewards account. A Chipotle Rewards account is required to claim the prize.
No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. Applicable portions of prizes will be delivered only to an address in the United States.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS. Prizes will be awarded only if each potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. The prize(s) are non-assignable and non-transferable. Prizes pictured in point-of-sale, online, television and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other Contest materials are for illustrative purposes only. Actual prize(s) may vary from the prize(s) pictured. All details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Each prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. Each potential winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a winner is under the age of majority in such winner’s state of residence (a “minor”), at Sponsor’s option, the applicable prize either will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner, or the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner will be required to ratify and sign Prize Claim Documents. If any potential winner (or, in the case of a minor, such minor winner’s parent or legal guardian) fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within the time period specified by Sponsor in the prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Winners may be asked to provide an original headshot (a “Headshot”) for Chipotle to use in accordance with the rights granted to the Contest Entities in Section 7 of these Official Rules. Each Winner represents and warrants that the Contest Entities’ use of the Headshot in accordance with the rights granted in Section 7 will not violate or infringe the rights of any third party.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Contest. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and legal sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, each entrant hereby irrevocably grants to the Contest Entities, and their successors, licensees and assigns, a non-exclusive license (but not the obligation) to reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, stream, exploit, make derivative works of and otherwise use the Submission, in whole or in part, for any purpose, including without limitation commercial purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity, including the right to promote the winning entrants’ Submissions. Each winner agrees to work with Sponsor to facilitate Sponsor’s promotion of the entrant’s Submission on the entrant’s TikTok channel. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the Submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called “moral rights” they may have therein Sponsor shall retain the rights granted in each Submission even if the Submission is disqualified or fails to meet the Submission Requirements or even it if it determined that the entrant who made the Submission is ineligible to enter the Contest. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the entrant does not have any proprietary rights in or to the Chipotle entrée order combination presented in the entrant’s Submission and that entrant is not entitled to any compensation for Chipotle’s use of the Chipotle entrée order combination presented in the entrant’s Submission. All Chipotle entrée order combinations are owned by Chipotle.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Without in any way limiting the rights granted in the Submission, as set forth above, acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s permission for the Contest Entities to use each winner’s Submission and his or her name, social media handle, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) in and in connection with advertising, marketing, promotional, and/or publicity purposes for the Contest, Contest Entities, and all uses of the Submission permitted herein, worldwide and in all forms of media and by any and all means and media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, including without limitation promotion of the Chipotle entrée order combinations without any obligation, notice, or further compensation to the winners.
9. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION. Each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (ii) the Submission meets the Submission Requirements and does not and will not violate any applicable laws and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees to indemnify the Contest Entities and hold them harmless from and against any and all third party claims, liability, judgments, losses, damages, costs, and expenses, including penalties, interest and reasonable outside attorney’s fees and costs in the defense and disposition of such matters arising out of, resulting from, based upon or incurred because of a breach or allegation that, if true, would constitute a breach by entrant of his or her representations, warranties, covenants or obligations hereunder, including, without limitation, any action or statement made by entrant while participating in the Contest.
10. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES – IMPORTANT PLEASE READ. By participating in this Contest, entrants (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest and/or by accepting any prize that they may be awarded, entrants (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree to release the Contest Entities from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. The Contest Entities shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible Submission, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of Submission or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. The Contest Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper running of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the Contest if, in its sole discretion, Sponsor determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair behavior or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF. Each entrant (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the entrant and the Contest Entities is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the entrant’s decision to provide the entrant’s Submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Contest does not place the Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the entrant’s Submission. Each entrant understands and acknowledges that the Contest Entities have wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of any Contest Entity’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Entities do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of a Contest Entity’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief and entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
12. NO OBLIGATION TO USE. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission or any winner’s Chipotle Chicken al Pastor entrée order, or to otherwise exploit any Submission or any winner’s Chipotle Chicken al Pastor entrée order, or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the Submission or any winner’s Chipotle Chicken al Pastor entrée order, for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
13. FURTHER DOCUMENTATION. If Sponsor shall desire to secure additional assignments from the entrant(s), or other documents as Sponsor may reasonably require in order to effectuate the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then each entrant agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request therefor.
14. DISPUTES. This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Colorado, without respect to any choice of law or conflict of law principles that would result in the application of any law other than that of Colorado. As a condition of participating in this Contest, entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, shall be resolved individually through binding arbitration, without resort to any form of class action, in accordance with the arbitration provision set forth below.
15. ARBITRATION PROVISION. By participating in this Contest, each participant (and any minor participant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees: (i) that any and all disputes the participant may have with, or claims participant may have against, Sponsor relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (a) the Contest, (b) the awarding or redemption of any Prize, and/or (c) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration conducted in accordance with the rules of AAA Consumer-Related Disputes Supplementary Procedure effective September 15, 2005 (as may be amended) and as modified by the agreement to arbitrate in this paragraph; (ii) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (iii) the arbitration shall be held in Orange County, California; (iv) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Terms and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Contest; (v) the arbitrator shall apply Colorado law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (vi) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only participant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (vii) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the participant or Sponsor; (viii) if the participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of participant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (x) with the exception of subpart (vi) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (vi) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither participant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. If, for any reason, the American Arbitration Association is unable or unwilling to conduct the arbitration, participant may file your case with any national arbitration company.
17. SPONSOR. CMG Strategy Co., LLC, 610 Newport Center Drive, Suite 1400, Newport Beach, California, 92660.