The Chipotle Mystery Box Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR ORDER NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Chipotle Mystery Box Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins on or about December 1, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on December 3, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of CMG Strategy Co., LLC, 610 Newport Center Drive, Suite 1400, Newport Beach, California, 92660 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Only the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter. Minors must get their parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter. Officers, directors and employees of Sponsor, and each of Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies involved in the Sweepstakes (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and the immediate family members and/or those residing in the same household of each are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
a. By Ordering a Chipotle Mystery Box: During the Sweepstakes Period go to https://chipotlegoods.com/ and order a mystery box. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
b. Without Making a Purchase: During the Sweepstakes Period, send an email to email@example.com, with your name, age, address, daytime telephone number, and e-mail address. Be sure to write “Chipotle Mystery Box Sweepstakes” in the e-mail subject line. If you send an email that conforms to these requirements, you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
Entry must be made by the entrant, only through the entry methods described above. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the use of any device to automate the entry process, is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, the ten (10) winners will be randomly selected in a drawing from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its designee, using randomization methods selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A potential winner who entered by purchasing a mystery box will be notified when they receive the mystery box. A potential winner who entered without making a purchase will be notified by e-mail using the contact information given at the time of entry or associated with the purchase of the mystery box, if applicable. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within the time period specified in the prize notification, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor may successively attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winner(s) of an applicable prize in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed winner(s) of such applicable prize after such attempts have been made, if any, such prize may go unawarded.
5. PRIZES/ODDS: There are ten (10) prizes available. Ten (10) winners will receive a $500.00 limited edition Chipotle gift card. Gift cards are subject to additional terms and conditions that the issuer imposes on its gift cards, which may appear on the card itself or be accessible online. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00 USD). The total ARV of all prizes is Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00 USD). Many will enter, but only up to ten (10) prizes are available. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received, based on the number of eligible entrants.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: The prize will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable, in whole or in part. Prizes pictured in point-of-sale, online, television and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only. The actual prize may vary. All details and other restrictions of the prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No cash alternative or substitution of the prize will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. The winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, state, provincial, and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. The potential winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a winner is under the age of majority in such winner’s jurisdiction of residence (a “minor”), at Sponsor’s option, the applicable prize either will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner, or the parent or legal guardian of such minor winner will be required to ratify and sign Prize Claim Documents. If any potential winner (or, in the case of a minor, such minor winner’s parent or legal guardian) fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents by the deadline specified in the prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
7. GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE/FORCE MAJEURE: Entrants (and any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree that Sponsor (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s, or any other person’s, computer system or mobile device which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor may (if possible) select the winners or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the affected Drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such Drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
8. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
9. ARBITRATION PROVISION: ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each participant (and any minor participant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees: (i) that any and all disputes the participant may have with, or claims participant may have against, Sponsor relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (a) the Sweepstakes, (b) the awarding or redemption of any Prize, and/or (c) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration conducted in accordance with the rules of AAA Consumer-Related Disputes Supplementary Procedure effective September 15, 2005 (as may be amended) and as modified by the agreement to arbitrate in this paragraph; (ii) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (iii) the arbitration shall be held in Orange County, California; (iv) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Terms and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes; (v) the arbitrator shall apply Colorado law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (vi) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, arbitration can decide only participant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (vii) the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the participant or Sponsor; (viii) if the participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of participant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (x) with the exception of subpart (vi) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the rules of AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (vi) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither participant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. If, for any reason, the American Arbitration Association is unable or unwilling to conduct the arbitration, participant may file your case with any national arbitration company.
10. SPONSOR: CMG Strategy Co., LLC, 610 Newport Center Drive, Suite 1400, Newport Beach, California, 92660.
11. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Chipotle Mystery Box Sweepstakes Winners List, CMG Strategy Co., LLC, 610 Newport Center Drive, Suite 1400, Newport Beach, California, 92660. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Sweepstakes Period.